Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday

I was to have a call for work this morning. It was postponed somewhere during my 11 hours on the road on Tuesday. Instead of the call I just did work from home. It was my intention since I took the previous day to do the drive. I think that worked out well.
Then the little guy and I took a drive to the airport. It's not a bad ride. About 45 minutes.
Of course we stopped for gas on the way - AAAAHHHH - NJ - we don't have to get out of the car.... Someone else pumps the gas for us. Even better they gave B some treats! Lucky dog! He got treats at the drive through at the bank the night before...
Navigiating the toll plazas up the Parkway and Turnpike are always fun. After a while you get good at tossing coins out the window. But when you are away for a while... We did fine.
We picked up Deb and headed home. With event however - I missed the exit for the Turnpike and ended up in Elizabeth. Always fun... That side of NJ that makes people wonder why it is called the Garden State. So it took us a little longer to get home than 45 minutes.
Once we were all settled we hit Squan Tavern for dinner.... MMMMMMmmmmmm - pizza....
http://www.squantavern.com/
And then settled in for our big day Thursday...

No comments: