Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday

So the little guy and I got up pretty early on Tuesday morning and hit the road at 5:30am.
We made pretty good time.
We stopped for some breakfast while still in NC. I know I brought cereal and a bowl and was planning on just getting some milk. But I got a Bojangles biscuit instead.
http://www.bojangles.com/promotions_tvradio.html (the "show me the chicken" commercial should not be missed)
We made it to Fredericksbyrg before needing to stop for gas. There is definitely something to be said for highway miles vs. city miles. This is where I had originally planned on staying the night. But given the early departure time vs. the after work departure time... we kept going.
We stopped in Maryland and then drove on through to NJ.
As much as I like to say it takes about 10 hours it is truly around 11 hours. Plus whnever I get home I drive around the long way to my parent's house. It just seems more like going home than the back roads off the highway.

No comments: